Sunday, June 30, 2013

BB Cream......worth the hype???

My thoughts on the BB Cream Phase a few months ago was negative. I am a person who likes a full coverage foundation and I thought that the BB Cream may not be enough for my liking. I work all day standing and sometimes fight the heat of the blow dryer and flat irons in the salon...Basically I need my foundation to last me!! Every time I run out of foundation I get a new brand, as a makeup artist I feel as though it is my job to know as much as I can about as many products as I can. I have tried Chanel, Nars, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals and many others. All full coverage strong foundations. After hearing another friend say they LOVED this BB Cream they got I figured I better jump on board before I am left behind. While waiting to meet my cousin for mexican food....I am early everywhere I go....I researched the top 10 BB Creams and found that the one with the best reviews was Dior's. Me being typical me, I chose one of the most expensive ones. So soon after I made my trip home...to Green Hills Mall.... my favorite place in the world. I walked through the gates of makeup heaven into Sephora and walked to the Dior section to find that lots of other people liked this BB Cream...because it was out of stock. My bank account was protected. So after going around and sampling lots of different kinds I settled on Two Faced Beauty Balm.... and saved my bank account about $25....which I love
BB Cream is a mixture of foundation, sunscreen, primer, and moisturizer all in one. I can tell you that for the summer time I absolutely love it. It is sheer enough that it shows my summery freckles but provides enough coverage that my face does not feel naked. I apply mine with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush and apply concealer under my eyes and on any spots that need the extra good stuff.
I also got a tanner shade than my face is and I apply it with my hands to my neck because my chest and arms actually got a little color! And by a little I mean I am no longer glow in the dark. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking to try the BB Cream Mayhem. My skin feels amazing and is protected by the hot Tennessee sun this summer all the time. It is low maintenance and will last me all summer because a tiny bit goes a long way. Feel free to ask any questions that you have about BB Cream or Makeup in general! Happy Sunday! KJS

No comments:

Post a Comment